Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bloggers Challenge Week 43


I know today is not friday, which means i am posting my challenge just a few hours early. I have company coming tomorrow and i didn't want to be late posting my challenge. This week we had to create something using chipboards. Well ... that is one supply that i am short on. I have letter chipboards and i really didn't know what to do with them ... i basically could not come up with anything creative. So off to AC Moore i go ... long story short ... i totally missed the chipboard the FIRST time and found them on the second trip. So here is my card. I really wanted to do something different so i decided to make a flap card. I couldn't get a good picture to show the flap but basically the part that the chipboard is on opens up and the part with the butterflies open down. My chipboard is the flower and i embossed it with some embossing glitter from the local craft store and i used the Garden Whimsy stamp set in Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip. Since the card is not the standard card size i also made an envelope to match. To keep the card closed i used velcro. i really like this card ... it's probably my new favorite card! Can't wait to see everyone else's creations, especially Claudia's ... she is probably going to use her new chunky glitter that she got in today ... i'm so jealous :c)

14 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great card...love your flower...it's perfect for the flap, and goes so well with your other images. I can see why it's your "new" favorite. Fabulous job on the challenge.

Barb Hardeman said...

I really like your Flip card. Your glitter flower is very jazzy on the front. The butterflies are a wonderful addition and compliment the flower nicely...

Nikki Bond said...

Love all the sparkle! So girlie and pretty!!! {SMILEs}

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

what an awesome card!!! bling...chipboard....pink & brown...cool card fold....does it get any better????

Leigh OBrien said...

Very nice...I AM partial to sparkly and this definitely has that factor!

Lisa Somerville said...

The chipboard bling works great with your flap card.

Connie Babbert said...

The chipboard flower works perfect with the flap card! Great job...love that Bling!

Anita Van Hal said...

what a beautiful card! love all the glitter (and pink!)-great job with this challenge!

Ida said...

Anything that sparkles like that flower does is just plain FUN!

Also catching up on last weeks challenge comments, Great job on the Triangle Box - Enjoy the Before and "After" photos too!

Claudia Perry said...

Heidi, Your card is totally awesome! Love the colors and of course butterflies... Boy you know me too well... I DID use my chunky glitter LOL!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love all of the glitter and that you did a flap card!

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty, love all that bling on the flower!

Karen said...

love the bling on your chipboard - great card!!

Barbara said...

Just love these Flip Cards! And yours is terrific...love the glitzy chipboard. Great job.