Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #44


Evening y'all! Well again tomorrow is going to be a slammed pack day so i am posting a little early. This week was a color combo challenge. We had to use Brocade Blue, Oh Saffron, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip. I am not sure what was happening this week but this challenge was so hard for me to do. I wanted to use my Seriously Sassy stamp set that I just got and so i forced myself to come up with something ... so it was like a challenge within a challenge ... but i finally figured it out and i am quite pleased with it. TADA!!! I used the polka dot and petal stamp for the background on the oh saffron paper. Can you see the "bling" on the word sweet. I thought glitter would add a little umph .. i am glad the camera picked it up. And the brocade blue was killing me because it did not look complete ... at least to me and so i think inking the edges completed the whole card. Looking back i think i could have added eyelets on the ribbon but it's okay. It's late so I am off to bed. I'll venture off and see what others have done whenever i can sneak a minute or two! Happy Friday (or thursday depending on when you are reading this) Nite Nite!!!

16 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fun card. Love the bling...it really sets off your image. Great job.

Unknown said...

I think it's great! I love that set too - gotta get that one!

MJ said...

Very "sweet"! Sorry I could not help it. You did a great job on the chalelnge -- this is a fun card.

Lauren (mytime) said...

What a super cute/cool stamp! I love that. All the bling is perfect.

Nikki Bond said...

This card is tooo cool! I love that set and it looks great with this color combo! Great job!!! {SMILES}

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

very nice! glad you worked through the struggle...it was really worth it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a great teen card - love the bling!

Barb Hardeman said...

You came up with a totally cool card. The bling is just perfect with your image - which is "totally sweet"! Glad you pushed through your struggle to come up with a great card...well done!

Anonymous said...

Great card for the challenge. Your "sweet" really pops!

Ida said...

This is a fun card. Love the image you chose. Your did a great job with this card.

Basement Stamper said...

I think it looks perfect as is. I love all the glitter on it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Such a fun card! Love the background on the Saffon! Too cute! :D

Tangii said...

I love it! What a fun card!

Claudia Perry said...

What a fun card - and you know I LOVE the glitter ;-) Great job!

Lori said...

Fun! Love the sparkle you used.

Lisa Bohler said...

Super cute card!