Friday, May 2, 2008

Blogger Challenge #45


So it seems that I am only posting once a week ... but i am currently making a few things for people so once i have given the gifts i will be sure to post them. So on to the blogger's challenge. This week we had to make a graduation card ... well it seems like i am not the only one who doesn't know anyone who is graduating so I to did a different take. It's so funny that i was looking on Nikki's blog and she was thinking the same exact thing ... use stars and the word congrats!!! LOL! Great minds things alike. This is a very simple card ... it took me about 15 minutes to make. There is no stamping since i really do not have a graduation stamp. I just picked up the congrats paper at Hobby Lobby and used gold embossing powder on the star. Again, really, really, really simple. Well, i am on lunch break and i think i am over my lunch hour so I will have to close and get my hiney back to work. Can't wait to see everyone else's creations. I've already liked the ones i have seen! TTFN and have a fun friday!!!

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is stunningly elegant. Love the star! It's a great embellishment!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

It's just lovely. Anyone would be thrilled to receive this card. Love the embossed star and matching ribbon...nicely done...

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I love how you've put all of this together! The gold accents are lovely! :D

Nikki Bond said...

Ohhh this turned out AWESOME!! I love everything about it! Great job!!! {SMILES}

Connie Babbert said...

Love the gold touches in the embossed star and ribbon. Great job without using stamps!

Ladystamper said...

I love it! It could work for so many things!

Lisa Bohler said...

It maybe didn't take you long to make but it'll make a great impact on the receiver! Gorgeous!

MJ said...

Wow, the star looks great! I would love to get this card! Beautiful

Claudia Perry said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so elegant. Love it!

Leigh OBrien said...

This is great, Heidi. I love the sparkly gold. So interesting how many of the girls used stars this time.

Chrissy D said...

This is wonderful! Love the gold! TFS!